Your customers are looking to you for innovative ways to help them reign in health care costs.
You are looking for alternatives to traditional health care options—options that will help you offer real value to your customers and grow your business.
Look to Patient Choice.
A Unique Alternative
Patient Choice programs operate under a unique model that emphasizes informed choices for consumers, empowerment for health care professionals and effective cost management for employers.
Utilizing health care networks that are tiered, Patient Choice creates a health care marketplace that fosters competition by measuring the variations that exist in provider performance and sharing that information with the purchasers of care—namely employers and consumers. It’s a marketplace that:
- Educates consumers to be better managers of their care and enables them to make value-based choices.
- Allows providers to be accountable to their patients for their care delivery results and recognizes and rewards those who deliver quality care.
- Gives employers the ability to manage their costs, while using their purchasing dollars to obtain greater value without limiting employee choice.
With Patient Choice programs, market choices drive competitive prices and service improvements from health care professionals, leading to reduced cost trends. Employers are able to rely on market forces and competition to obtain the greatest value for their health care dollars. Individuals are empowered to operate as value-sensitive consumers.
Patient Choice currently serves self-funded employers in Minnesota, South Dakota and limited areas of North Dakota and western Wisconsin. Our innovative program offerings include:
Patient Choice Care System Program
The Patient Choice Care System program features a network that tiers groups of health care providers and facilities called “Care Systems." These Care Systems are analyzed on measures of cost and quality and placed into three tiers.
Employers offer a choice of Care Systems, giving employees the option to contribute less toward their premium when selecting lower cost Care Systems. Employees review comparative information about Care System performance to help guide their choices. Once enrolled, employees obtain care from providers affiliated with their selected Care System.
Patient Choice Insights
Patient Choice Insights is a new program dedicated to helping employers manage their health care costs and to offering employees freedom of choice, while assisting individuals in becoming better health care consumers.
Patient Choice Insights uses an approach whereby individual health care providers and facilities are tiered according to cost and quality factors and employees are rewarded for using more efficient, high quality providers. Employees can access any provider in the network—in any tier, at any time. Comparative data enables employees to “comparison-shop” based on their needs at the time of service.
Our innovative programs deliver results: spurring providers to continually improve and enabling consumers to make informed choices and managing employer costs.
Our programs have proven that:
- Consumers migrate to better performing, lower cost providers
- Providers respond to market competition by improving pricing and efficiency
- Employers can experience reduced trends and administrative fees while improving quality of health care service delivery
- Improved quality leads to lower total cost
Your employer-customers will benefit from Patient Choice’s pioneering programs in a number of ways:
- Program Cost Controls. Patient Choice networks feature cost levels that are competitive with other health plan offerings. Over the years, employer participants have benefited from lower overall medical costs and administrative fees, when compared to market alternatives.
- Reduced Cost Trends—Improved Quality. Response to consumer demand for value continuously drives providers to improve quality and manage total costs, leading to reduced cost trends for employers.
- Employee satisfaction. Employers reap benefits from employees who credit them with providing a broad array of provider choices, empowering individuals to make their own health care decisions and offering affordable cost options.
- Flexibility. Benefits can mirror existing designs, or support new designs including high deductible approaches.
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.